When the Kansas City Chiefs visit the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Raymond James Stadium on February 7th, Colorado NFL fans will get their first chance ever to bet on the Super Bowl with sportsbooks that are legal, regulated, and licensed by the Limited Gaming Control Commission (LGCC).
In today’s 2021 Super Bowl betting guide, we will discuss everything you need to know to get started. We will list the best Colorado Super Bowl betting apps, highlight the various promotions on offer, and more.
Recommended Super Bowl Sportsbooks in Colorado
Where to Watch the Super Bowl for Free in Colorado
Super Bowl LV kicks off at 4:30 PM MST in Tampa, Florida.
Fans can watch it live on TV on CBS or stream it for free at CBSSports.com or on the CBS Sports App.
How to Bet on the 2021 Super Bowl in Colorado
Since legalizing sports betting last year, Colorado regulators have overseen the launch of nearly 20 mobile sportsbooks and websites. Numerous sportsbooks at Colorado’s casinos have also opened their doors in Black Hawk, Central City, and Cripple Creek.
If you’re 21 or older and located anywhere within state lines, you may bet on the 2021 Super Bowl in Colorado. You do not need to be a resident to bet online; bettors may sign up for accounts from anywhere and then place their wagers the next time they visit.
Best Super Bowl Betting Apps
Mobile betting is by far the most convenient option, especially in Colorado, where all retail sportsbooks are clustered in three small mountain towns. Seventeen online sportsbooks are available to choose from, but several stand out among the rest in betting options, promotions, and overall experience.
- New customer bonus: Risk-free first bet up to $500
- Promo code: BUSARF
- Read more: William Hill Review
William Hill is a strong pick for the Super Bowl because it boasts a longstanding positive reputation and provides a comprehensive menu of betting options (330+ at last count).
New users can place their first bet at William Hill almost risk-free: if it wins, you’ll keep your winnings as usual. If it loses, William Hill will refund it with an equal amount in free bets for up to $500 back.
Visit William Hill: www.williamhill.com
- New customer bonus: 100% up to $150
- Promo code: None needed
SportsBetting.com does not have as many Super Bowl betting markets as some of Colorado’s other sportsbooks, but it covers all the most popular markets and offers a simple deposit bonus to all new customers.
If you sign up for an account with SportsBetting.com and place a first deposit of at least $10, you’ll get an equal amount in bonus cash for up to $150 extra. The bonus comes with a 1x rollover, which means bettors can withdraw their free bet credits, original deposit, and winnings after playing through the bonus + initial deposit one time.
Visit SportsBetting.com: www.sportsbetting.com
- New customer bonus: Risk-free first bet up to $500
- Promo code: None needed
- Read more: BetMGM Review
BetMGM Colorado has a ton of Super Bowl bets in place already, making it one of the most complete sportsbooks in the state for betting on the Big Game. Between alternate game lines, alternate totals, player props, game props, and MVP betting markets, BetMGM has it all.
New customers can claim a standard risk-free first bet for signing up and making a first deposit of at least $10. If your first bet loses, BetMGM will refund it with up to $500 in free bets.
Visit BetMGM: www.betmgm.com
- New customer bonus: Up to $500 in free bets
- Promo code: BIGGAME500
- Read more: BetRivers Review
BetRivers is another strong all-around Super Bowl betting site for Colorado residents. The BetRivers interface is a little below average in design, but bettors will find more than 350 Super Bowl wagers alone, plus a limited-time welcome bonus.
BetRivers recently introduced a new welcome bonus just for the Super Bowl. New users who sign up for an account with the promo code BIGGAME500 and make a first deposit of at least $100 automatically receive $100 in free bets. Additionally, anyone who places at least $100 in bets on the Super Bowl will receive another $400 in free bets.
If a $100 first deposit is too steep, you can claim the standard welcome bonus with the promo code 250MATCH to get a 100% bonus on your first deposit of $10 or more for up to $250 extra.
Visit BetRivers: www.betrivers.com
- New customer bonus: 20% up to $1,000
- Promo code: None needed
- Read more: DraftKings Review
DraftKings is a mainstay in legal sports betting as one the largest and most trusted operators in the United States. Its football betting catalog is extensive but intuitively organized, making it easy to find wagers of all types.
The new player bonus at DraftKings offers the highest max in Colorado (up to $1,000), but it also comes with the lowest match rate (20%) and a 25x rollover.
For example, if you make a first deposit of $100, DraftKings will give you an extra $20. To max out this bonus, you’ll need to make a first deposit of $5,000. If you claim the maximum bonus of $1,000, you’ll need to place a total of $25,000 in wagers to clear the entire bonus.
Visit DraftKings: www.draftkings.com
- New customer bonus: 2 risk-free bets worth up to $2,000
- Promo code: BUSA
- Read more: PointsBet Review
PointsBet.com should be on everyone’s shortlist of Super Bowl betting apps for three reasons:
- Betting options: PointsBet has the biggest Super Bowl betting menu in the industry. Last year, PointsBet ended up providing more than 700 wagers for the Super Bowl alone.
- Promotions: PointsBet has a well-deserved reputation for issuing lots of promos. Whether it’s a small odds boost for the Big Game or a “Good Karma” refund for a blown officiating call, PointsBet is always coming out with something new. Not all PointsBet promotions are huge, but there are so many of them that you will almost always find something worthwhile.
- PointsBetting: PointsBet is the only sportsbook that offers PointsBetting wagers in which you can place bets that pay more the more accurate your prediction. For example, you can bet $10 per point on the total and take home a $50 payout if the total goes over by five points. See our PointsBet review for a detailed explanation of how it works.
Visit PointsBet: www.pointsbet.com
Retail sportsbooks lack the convenience of betting online, but nothing beats the gameday experience of visiting a casino in-person to bet on the Super Bowl and watch it live with like-minded people.
Every retail sportsbook in Colorado is located in one of three towns:
- Black Hawk
- Central City
- Cripple Creek
For a full list of sportsbooks and locations, see our CO sportsbook page here.
2021 Super Bowl Betting Promotions in Colorado
As the single biggest sports betting event of the year, the Super Bowl always prompts online sportsbooks to launch many promotions in their mad dash to attract new customers.
Look for more promotions to launch as game day draws near. What begins as a trickle of Super Bowl bonuses usually finishes with a flood of offers.
We will add more 2021 Super Bowl promotions as we find them, but you’ll find the fastest updates by signing up for accounts with a couple of sportsbooks and keeping an eye on your e-mail inbox or app notifications. It is common for sportsbooks to launch one-day-only promotions every leading up to the Super Bowl, and those promos are easy to miss if you’re not subscribed.
Here’s a look at the latest Colorado Super Bowl promotions on offer right now.
SportsBetting.com: Super Boost Marathon
Every day from today through the 2021 Super Bowl, SportsBetting.com will temporarily boost the odds on one market. Enhanced odds promos are nothing new, but these boosts are significant – much larger than we usually see. In some cases, SportsBetting.com has as much as 25%.
SportsBetting.com says these odds boosts are only available for one day, but we have seen a few that stay up longer. You can view the latest odds boosts by visiting SportsBetting.com or launching the app and visiting the promotions tab. You can also sign up for an account today to receive alerts for every new odds boost and promotion.
SportsBetting.com launches a new odds boost every day, but below are some examples of recent Super Bowl odds boosts this year:
- Any player to score three or more TDS: From +450 to +550
- Any QB to throw for over 336 yards: From +125 to +150
- Either team to score 10 points or less: From +5,000 to +6,000
- Either team to score a safety: From +850 to +1,000
- Any defensive player to win MVP: From +1,600 to +2,000
- Any non-QB to throw a TD pass: From +1,600 to +2,000
DraftKings: $55 Million Prediction Challenge Pool
DraftKings Sportsbook will be hosting a free-to-enter Super Bowl predictions contest with a $55 million prize pool on February 7th.
The contest is free to enter, and you’ll receive an instant prize ranging from $3 to $25,000 just for signing up. That alone makes this promotion worthwhile, but that’s just for registering.
After you register, you will receive ten questions to answer between now and the start of the 4th quarter on February 7th to compete for the $1,000,000 first prize.
Here are the questions so you can start planning ahead – and remember: entries close at the beginning of the 4th quarter:
- Which team will score more points in the 4th quarter? Chiefs, Buccaneers, or tie
- Total points in the 4th quarter? 0-7, 8-15, 16-23, or 24+
- Will the 4th quarter two-minute warning happen at the two-minute mark? Yes or no
- Will there be a successful two-point conversion in the 4th quarter? Yes or no
- What will be the last play of the 4th quarter? Kick or punt, run or kneel, pass, or any other outcome
- What will the longest rushing play of the 4th quarter be? 0-5 yards, 6-10 yards, 11-15 yards, 16-20 yards, 21-25 yards, or 26+ yards
- How much time will be on the clock when the ball is snapped for the first kneel down of the 4th quarter? One minute+, 0:59-0:45 seconds, 0:44-0:20 seconds, 19 seconds or less, or no kneel down
- What will be the longest field goal attempt in the 4th quarter? 17-33 yards, 35-50 yards, 51+ yards, or no field goals attempted
- Will there be a 20+ yard touchdown in the 4th quarter? Yes or no
- Which player will score the first rushing or receiving touchdown of the 4th quarter? T. Hill, T. Kelce, M. Evans, C. Goodwin, L. Fournette, or any other player/outcome
DraftKings will also host a free-to-enter predictions pool for the Major League Eating Big Game Snackdown Contest on February 7th. This one has $100,000 in prizes up for grabs and involves ten questions about the Big Game Snackdown, such as who will finish in first place and whether or not Matt Hazzard will chug two 8oz cans of spray cheese in under a minute.
DraftKings: $55,000 Wrangler Big Game Squares Contest
DraftKings is hosting a free-to-enter Big Game Squares Contest on February 7th with $55,000 in cash prizes.
All you need to do is enter the contest from the promotions tab and pick a square. At the start of the game, DraftKings will randomly assign numbers to every column and row, and you’ll know your numbers. If the final digit of each team’s score matches your square’s numbers at the end of any quarter, you win a cash prize.
DraftKings: Double Your Money if Anyone Scores a TD
The appropriately named “Big Game No Brainer” promotion for new customers at DraftKings Sportsbook will double your money if either team scores a touchdown during the Super Bowl.
To claim this offer, sign up for an account and make a first deposit of at least $5. DraftKings will issue a one-time-only +100 odds boost to use on the “any team to score a touchdown during the Super Bowl” market.
You must select the odds boost from your bet slip before placing the bet, and you must place the bet before kickoff to qualify. You can place a wager of up to $50 with this promo.
PointsBet: Big Game GOAT Insurance, Mahomes MVP Boost, and Daily Boosters
PointsBet has always been a promotion-heavy sportsbook, and that trend continues with the Super Bowl.
A full week out from the Big Game, PointsBet began unveiling promotions and odds boosts on a daily basis. New offers are coming out daily at this point, so follow PointsBet on social media or sign up for an account to be alerted as soon as new promos launch.
Big Game Goat Insurance: Place a pregame moneyline bet on the Chiefs vs. Buccaneers Super Bowl game at PointsBet and get your money back with up to $50 in free bets if your team loses by 43 points or less.
Mahomes MVP Odds Boost: From now until kickoff, PointsBet is boosting the odds on Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes winning the MVP from -110 to +110 odds. That’s the best odds you’ll find anywhere for Patrick Mahomes to win the Super Bowl MVP award.
Twilight Boosters: PointsBet will be adding new Super Bowl odds boosts every night from 5 PM – 7 PM ET (3 PM to 5 PM MST) until kickoff. See the latest odds boosts by logging in to PointsBet and visiting the “booster odds” tab.
Approved Super Bowl LV Prop Bets in Colorado
The LGCC has the final say on the types of wagers Colorado sportsbooks may accept on all sporting events, Super Bowl included.
On January 28th, the LGCC approved a new batch of NFL prop bets just in time for the 2021 Super Bowl. Recent additions include:
- Which category of position will the MVP winner come from? Offense, defense, or kicker/punter
- Will a rookie win the Super Bowl MVP?
- Will X rookie win the Super Bowl MVP?
- Result of the 1st punt of the game: Fair catch, touchback, or penalty
- Will the 1st punt be a fair catch?
- Will the 1st punt result in a touchback?
- Will the 1st offensive play result in a safety?
- Over/under on the yards gained on the 1st offensive play
- Will the 1st play result in a touchdown?
- Over/under on the number of punts that will result in a touchback
- Over/under on the number of kicks that will result in a touchback
- Will any FG be blocked and returned for a TD?
- Will any ruling on the field be overturned?
- Over/under on the number of players to throw a TD pass
- First reception of the game to go to X player
- Over/under on the total number of offensive plays in the game
- Team with the most offensive plays
- Last solo sack
- Last interception
- Will any player record a sack, forced fumble, and fumble recovery?
- Will any player record a sack fumble?
- X player to record a sack fumble
- X player to record a sack, forced fumble, and fumble recovery
These prop bets are just in addition to many other NFL props the LGCC has already approved since last year. Other prop bets run the gamut from which team will record the shortest punt to the over/under on the total number of sacks recorded in the game.
In all, Colorado sportsbooks have a lot of leeway to cover prop bets. The options open to sportsbooks cover almost every player statistic, game statistic, statistical total (over/under), and play outcome imaginable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Colorado sportsbooks offer novelty props such as the coin toss?
No. The LGCC has approved many Super Bowl prop bets, but the Commission shies away from novelty props such as the coin toss and color of Gatorade players will pour onto the winning coach. In some states, regulators are hesitant to approve wagers on outcomes not strictly related to game stats and results.
Other websites report that BetMGM CO accepts bets on the coin toss, but those reports are inaccurate and likely a mistake due to BetMGM offering the coin toss bet in other states. No Colorado sportsbooks will offer the coin toss bet unless the LGCC approves the wager by February 7th.
Where can I bet on the 2021 Super Bowl in Denver?
Licensed mobile betting apps will be your best bet in Denver for maximum convenience.
All retail casinos are located within the city limits of three gaming towns. From Denver, Black Hawk sportsbooks are the nearest option. Depending on traffic, you can get there in a little under an hour from downtown Denver.
Can I drive to Colorado to bet on the Super Bowl?
Yes. Colorado law does not require you to be a resident to bet on sports. You can sign up for an online betting account with any licensed operator and make a deposit from out of state, but you will need to be somewhere within state lines to place wagers.
What are one game parlays?
You may have noticed BetMGM and PointsBet advertising same-game parlays in the run-up to the Super Bowl. In short, one game parlays combine several Super Bowl wagers into one with higher payouts. They work just like standard parlays, but traditionally, sportsbooks require customers to select every leg from a different game.
Colorado sportsbooks with same-game parlays drop the restriction and let you wrap several Super Bowl bets into one. Below are just a few examples of the many same-game props available at BetMGM:
- Chiefs to win the first quarter, Chiefs to win the first half, Chiefs to win the game: +230
- Buccaneers spreads: +0.5 at the 1st quarter, +1.5 at the first half, +3.5 for the game: +260
- Total field goals over 3.5 and total touchdowns over 6.5: +270
- Gronkowski 3+ receptions, T. Hill 8+ receptions, T. Kelce 9+ receptions: +325
- Fournette 45+ rushing yds, Mahomes 25+ rushing yds, Mahomes 320+ passing yds, Brady 300+ passing yds: +1100