FOX Bet is a licensed Colorado sportsbook that launched in May 2020 in partnership with Lady Luck Casino Black Hawk.
The FOX Bet Colorado brand enters the market as the result of an agreement between FOX Sports and The Stars Group (TSG) to pursue online betting opportunities in the US. The FOX Sports and TSG partnership plays off the name recognition of the former and online gaming experience of the latter to establish a potentially disruptive brand in any market.
Between the deep pockets and technical know-how behind the scenes, FOXBet.com should in theory be a quality operator. In this FOX Bet Colorado review, we take a close look at the experience from the customer’s point of view and report our findings below so readers can decide if reality meets expectations.
- Visit FOX Bet online at: www.foxbet.com
- Mobile apps available for: iOS and Android
- Colorado licensing status: Approved
- Can I bet on Colorado games at FOX Bet? Yes. Licensed sportsbooks are permitted to take wagers on all college games.
- Who’s allowed to bet online with FOX Bet? FOX Bet accepts customers who are 21 or older. Bettors may sign up and deposit from out of state but must be inside Colorado to place wagers.
- Land-based casino partner: Lady Luck Casino Black Hawk
FOX Bet Colorado Bonuses and Promos
FOX Bet provides a standard welcome bonus for new customers alongside a variety of ongoing promos. Many of the ongoing promos are unique in that they tie into FOX Sports daily shows and often involve refund offers on picks from on-air personalities.
First Bet Bonus: Free Bet Worth up to $500
FOX Bet matches the first wager of each new customer with up to $500 in bonus funds. Customers can claim this offer by signing up for an account, making a deposit and placing a first wager. Win or lose, that first wager will be matched 100%.
The terms of this bonus offer are reasonable and provide no cause for concern. The bonus money must be rolled over 1x on wagers with odds of -200 or greater. This means a customer receiving a $500 bonus would need to place $500 worth of wagers at odds of -200 or higher (such as -200, -110, +200, etc.) before withdrawing any winnings associated with the bonus.
New and Existing Customers: 50% up to $500 Deposit Bonus
New and existing customers alike can claim a 50% bonus on their next deposit by signing up or signing in, visiting the “My Stars” section, opting in through the “Challenges” window and then making a deposit.
The bonus funds are released $1 at a time for every $25 in settled wagers, which equates to a 25x rollover requirement. The bonus money may only be used to place wagers on sports at odds of -200 or greater and the playthrough must be met within 90 days.
Other Ongoing Promotions
FOX Bet has been a promo-heavy sportsbook to date. Customers will often find running promos in which on-air personalities make picks or predictions, and bettors can place wagers at enhanced odds or with some sort of refund guarantee in place if the prediction doesn’t pan out.
Other promos often ask customers to follow FOX Bet social media and interact with the brand for a chance to win free bets and other prizes. Enhanced odds offers are also offered on a daily basis, with FOX Bet boosting the odds on certain wagers all day.
FOX Bet Sports Coverage
The Colorado Limited Gaming Control Commission issued regulations in early 2020 allowing operators to accept wagers on a wide variety of sports and FOX Bet takes full advantage. Throughout the year, FOX Bet takes wagers on more than 30 sports.
Much of its coverage revolves around US-centric sports as expected, but FOX Bet also covers international leagues. Some of the smaller sports such as bandy and table tennis tend to be covered during major events only, but FOX Bet overall is fairly comprehensive.
- Aussie Rules
- Beach Soccer
- Beach Volleyball
- Motor Sports
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Table Tennis
- Track & Field
- Winter Sports
Mobile Sportsbook Review
The FOX Bet mobile sportsbook is polished in terms of design and function, although it does feel a bit crowded at times.
For example, the homepage of the betting app features no fewer than four navigation menus: one at the bottom for account management, two at the top for popular sports leagues and promotions and yet another expandable menu in the upper corner for viewing all sports. That is all in addition to the various betting options displayed in the middle of the screen.
However, customers will find it easy to get around once they get the hang of the various competing menus. Moving between individual sports leagues, promotions and other areas rarely involves more than a tap or two.
iOS users can find the FOX Bet app in the App Store and Android users can find a direct download link at FOXBet.com.
In-play betting is a strong point for FOX Bet. The in-game wagering calendar is normally busy, making FOX Bet an early leader in this regard. Additionally, live betting events are typically covered with a larger-than-average number of wagering options that span the full range from betting on who will win to predicting the outcome of the next play.
Live stats and a play-by-play scoreboard provide a constant stream of information that comes in handy during the game. Customers can view the action live through virtual depictions of what’s happening or follow along through a text-based play caller that provides running updates of the action.
The mobile betting experience is largely the same whether betting online at FOXBet.com or through the mobile app. In both cases, odds changes are refreshed in real time with no input needed from the user.
Customer support at FOX Bet is lacking with an e-mail form being the only contact method. The FOX Bet website and mobile app both provide access to a useful knowledge base that can assist with most matters, but the lack of live chat or phone support is a big miss.
In Colorado, mobile and online sportsbooks are permitted to accept all common types of deposit methods. New customers should have no issue depositing, whether that be with online payments or even cash.
- Credit and Debit Cards: FOX Bet customers may fund their accounts with Visa and Mastercard
- ACH Transfer: FOX Bet accepts direct bank transfers; customers input a checking account number and routing number to initiate an electronic transfer of funds that is credited instantly
- PayNearMe: Customers who prefer to use cash rather than share their card or banking information can choose PayNearMe to make a cash deposit at a nearby pharmacy or dollar store; PayNearMe deposits are credited almost immediately
- PayPal: FOX Bet accepts PayPal and processes deposits instantly; PayPal only allows customers who have a verified checking account linked to PayPal to fund sports betting accounts
- Skrill: Skrill works a lot like PayPal in that it is an e-wallet that it supports quick, online payments and withdrawals
- Cash in Person: FOX Bet can accept in-person cash deposits at retail sportsbook locations in states where it has a physical presence
FOX Bet is required by Colorado law to provide certain responsible gambling tools but is proactive in that regard. Even before coming to Colorado, FOX Bet had a robust program in place to promote responsible gambling.
Customers can control their gambling or stop it entirely by logging in and using the following features:
- Daily, weekly and monthly deposit limits
- Daily, weekly and monthly betting limits
- Set maximum bet limits
- Disable the ability to cancel pending withdrawals
- Temporary or permanent self-exclusion
Other Colorado Sportsbook Reviews