FanDuel Sportsbook came to Colorado by way of a partnership with Twin River Worldwide Holdings, parent company of three Black Hawk casinos. Under the terms of the partnership, FanDuel Colorado operates on one of the three online betting licenses held by Golden Gates, Golden Gulch and Mardi Gras casinos in Black Hawk.
A close reading of the partnership announcement reveals no mention of a retail sportsbook powered by FanDuel at any of the Twin River casinos in Black Hawk. FanDuel does operate retail sportsbooks in other states, but it is unclear at this stage what plans, if any, it has for in-person betting in Colorado.
In any case, online betting is now live and today’s FanDuel review will focus on the online/mobile experience.
- Visit FanDuel online at: www.fanduel.com
- Mobile apps available for: iOS and Android
- Colorado licensing status: Approved
- Can I bet on Colorado college games at FanDuel? Yes. State law allows wagers on college games but does not allow proposition bets on college games.
- Who’s allowed to bet online at FanDuel? Colorado law permits sports fans 21 or older and located within state lines to participate in sports wagering. State residency is not a requirement.
- Land-based casino partner: Twin River Worldwide Holdings, parent company of Golden Gates, Golden Gulch and Mardi Gras casinos in Black Hawk
The launch of FanDuel Colorado complements its existing daily fantasy offerings to residents to now provide a full-service sports betting and gaming experience.
Prior daily fantasy customers may register with their existing daily fantasy accounts to access the sportsbooks by selecting “join now” from the homepage and looking for the link on the signup page asking if they would like to register with an existing FanDuel account.
FanDuel Colorado Bonuses and Promotions
FanDuel offers an attractive welcome bonus and came to Colorado with multiple other promotions to announce its presence in a big way. Below is an overview of all FanDuel promos for new and existing customers.
New Customers: $500 Risk-Free Bet
The longstanding FanDuel welcome bonus offered in other states is likely to come to Colorado as well due to a favorable business climate and reasonable tax rate.
If that holds true, new customers who sign up for an account and make a deposit can claim a first wager refund offer worth up to $500. Customers need only place their first wager and if it loses, FanDuel will refund it with up to $500 in site credit within 72 hours.
The refund money may not be withdrawn, but any winnings generated by wagering the refund are withdrawable. Prior to withdrawing any winnings obtained from the refund, customers must place a total sum of wagers equal to the bonus amount awarded. For example, if a customer receives $100 in site credit, that customer must place at least $100 worth of wagers prior to withdrawing any winnings derived from the bonus.
FanDuel Anything Book CO
Upon its Colorado launch, FanDuel announced the “FanDuel Anything Book CO” promotion giving players a chance to make predictions on a wide range of topics spanning local weather to pop culture and sports.
A new question is asked every day and all FanDuel CO customers may play free by logging in and answering the question. Get the question right to win $5 in site credit plus a chance to win an additional $45 that day.
Other Ongoing Promotions
Other types of promotions vary throughout the year depending on which sports are in season. FanDuel has in the past run promos in which customers could bet on select college basketball games to get $3 for every point by which their team won and in which NFL bettors could get a refund if their team lost by less than a touchdown.
One of the longer-running promos at FanDuel is multi-sport parlay insurance, which offers customers up to $25 back if their parlay misses by just a single leg. Enhanced odds offers are also common throughout the week to give customers better payout odds on certain selections.
Sports Covered by FanDuel.com
As a large and well-funded sportsbook, FanDuel is capable of covering all the major sports of the world in great detail. There is an obvious focus on the biggest US sports leagues (pro and college), but FanDuel also covers international sports such as soccer down to the country level.
The full list includes:
- Gaelic sports
- Ice Hockey
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Table Tennis
- Winter Sports
*Sports betting regulations (pg. 2) in Colorado allow sportsbooks to accept wagers on esports to a limited degree. According to the Limited Gaming Control Commission (LGCC), operators may not accept wagers on “a video game that is not sanctioned by a sports governing body or equivalent as an electronic competition…”
FanDuel Mobile Apps
FanDuel offers dedicated mobile apps for iOS and Android devices. Under state law, customers may download the app, sign up for an account and place wagers from anywhere within state lines. Unlike some other states, customers do not need to visit a casino in-person to register; mobile betting accounts can be created from anywhere within Colorado.
Both mobile apps are nearly identical and use standard conventions of navigation that should be intuitive to most customers. The homepage of the FanDuel CO app lists the major promotions of the day and popular markets to bet on along with navigation menu items to view the in-play betting options, current odds boosts and a full list of sports.
FanDuel has one of the better in-play betting interfaces available on the market today. Users can log in and visit the “live” tab to see all ongoing events, and from there select an event to view the live odds, real time stats and even streaming video of the event in some cases.
Customers who do not want to download the app can also point their mobile browsers to sportsbook.fanduel.com to bet online with no download necessary. The mobile FanDuel website looks and functions nearly identically to the full download app.
In-Play Betting Interface
The FanDuel Group has been particularly proactive in developing and promoting its in-play betting experience with increased coverage of events and a growing lineup of live video options.
In-play betting options cover all the major sports of the world, including basically every game of every professional US sports league in addition to international tennis matches, soccer and more.
The interface itself provides live odds alongside stats that are updated in real time, often with a virtual depiction of the game. For example, in-play MLB games at FanDuel show the batter’s box and speed/location of each pitch while NFL games are accompanied with graphics showing the outcome and location of every play on the field.
Live Streaming Sports Video
An increasing number of in-play betting markets at FanDuel are now accompanied with actual broadcasts of the game.
FanDuel has been an early mover in this regard and was the first sportsbook in the US to snag a streaming deal with a major US sports league after securing permission to stream NHL games starting in March 2020.
FanDuel also streams certain tennis matches, international soccer games and occasionally certain smaller sports such as table tennis.
The FanDuel website and mobile apps provide a self-help knowledge base that is extensive enough to answer most questions. For customers who need personalized help, FanDuel support can be reached via contact form only. A 24-hour phone number or live chat would be major improvements in this regard.
FanDuel CO Deposits
Colorado regulations allow mobile betting operators to accept most common types of deposit methods:
- Credit and Debit Cards: FanDuel accepts VISA and Mastercard deposits issued by most banking institutions.
- FanDuel Prepaid Card: Customers who have problems depositing with their credit or debit cards (some banks still block deposits to betting sites) should consider the FanDuel prepaid card. This card can be funded online instantly after signing up, but customers will also receive a physical card in the mail that can be used for ATM withdrawals and to make purchases anywhere Discover is accepted.
- PayPal: FanDuel accepts PayPal from customers who have linked their PayPal accounts to their bank accounts.
- Check or Money Order: Customers can choose the check or money order option from within the cashier area for FanDuel’s New Jersey office address to deposit by mail.
- PayNearMe: PayNearMe facilitates cash deposits by generating pay slips customers can save to their mobile phones and then take to a nearby 7-Eleven, CVS or Family Dollar to pay with cash.
- Wire Transfer: Wire transfers are accepted, and FanDuel reimburses fees in site credit for wire transfers greater than $100.
As a licensed and regulated operator in multiple jurisdictions, FanDuel is required to abide by certain responsible gambling regulations. FanDuel Sportsbook comes to Colorado with the following responsible gambling programs already in place:
- Deposit limits: Customers can choose a maximum amount they are permitted to deposit within specific time periods.
- Wagering limits: Customers may limit the amount they are allowed to wager during specific time periods.
- Timer limits: Customers may limit the number of hours per day they are allowed to access the FanDuel website or mobile app.
- Time Out: Customers may disable their accounts for anywhere from three days to 12 months.
- Self-Exclusion: Customers may disable their account for a minimum of 12 months with no ability to reopen the account until the self-exclusion period has passed.
- Permanent Self-Exclusion: Customers may permanently close their accounts and never be permitted to play at FanDuel again.
Other Colorado Sportsbook Reviews