Wildwood Casino opened for business in 2008 and now stands as Cripple Creek’s largest casino with 500+ slots, 14 table games and a retail sportsbook. In early 2020, Wildwood Casino acquired a Colorado sports betting license authorizing it to launch in-person and mobile betting.
BetWildwood.com and its associated mobile apps opened for business on July 1st, 2020 and now offer online sports betting to fans across the state. Customers must be 21 or older and located within state lines to place wagers, but do not need to be residents.
Now that we have had a chance to give the BetWildwood app a test run, we present our thoughts here. The following BetWildwood Review will discuss the mobile betting experience, wagering options, promotions, customer service and more in order to compare BetWildwood to the competition.
- Visit Wildwood Casino online at: www.betwildwood.com
- Mobile apps available for: iOS and Android
- Colorado licensing status: Approved
- Can I bet on Colorado college games at BetWildwood? Yes. State law permits wagers on in-state and out-of-state college teams.
- Who’s allowed to bet online at BetWildwood? Under state law, licensed betting sites may accept customers who are 21 or older and located within state lines.
- Land-based casino partner: Wildwood Casino in Cripple Creek
BetWildwood Colorado Overview
The first confirmation Wildwood Casino would be launching a mobile betting platform came in early 2020 when its parent company, American Gaming Group, announced it has partnered with ISI Race & Sports “to provide hardware, software and marketing services” related to its “upcoming sports betting offering” in Colorado.
Later, Wildwood Casino cleared a second major hurdle by successfully acquiring a sports betting license from the Limited Gaming Control Commission (LGCC).
The master license Wildwood Casino now holds allows it to operate a retail sportsbook on premises and to offer mobile betting in partnership with a third-party services provider. In this case, Wildwood Casino has two technology partners: ISI Race & Sports and Amelco.
BetWildwood Colorado officially launched in July 2020 with all key features in place from day one. The betting options cover a full range of domestic and international leagues, college sports and in-play betting all wrapped into a simple but efficient interface.
BetWildwood welcomes all new customers with a free bet offer worth up to $50.
New users who sign up for an account will have their first bet matched with a free bet of equal value for up to $50 extra.
For example, if a customer signs up for an account and places a first wager of $20, he or she will receive an additional $20 free bet. The free bet bonus is issued to all customers, win or lose, as long as the first bet meets these qualifications:
- Placed at odds of -200 or greater (i.e. wagers at -200, -110, +110, +200, etc. would all qualify)
- First bet is settled within 90 days of signing up for an account
The free bet is issued as site credit, may not be withdrawn and is not returned with any winnings. However, any money won by wagering the free bet is eligible for withdrawal.
Mobile App and Software
The BetWildwood mobile app is managed as a team effort between Wildwood Casino and two technology partners, ISI Race & Sports and Amelco. Together, the trio has launched an aesthetically pleasing mobile betting interface that offers standard pregame wagers plus in-play betting.
It would be a stretch to call the BetWildwood app “sleek” because it doesn’t look quite as polished as some of the apps provided by other sportsbooks, but it does feature a clean interface and instant responses to user actions. Viewing the odds and navigating the app is a smooth experience from beginning to end.
Customers can download the mobile app for iOS and Android devices or visit BetWildwood.com to place wagers online.
BetWildwood has offered in-play betting from day one with a full selection of professional and college sports open for live betting throughout the year.
BetWildwood maintains a very busy live betting calendar with dozens of events covered each day spanning all the major US sports plus international leagues. Even on weekdays during seasonal lulls in sports, BetWildwood often covers dozens of games.
Market depth for in-play betting events is shallow at present. Betting options during games consist primarily of betting on the point spread, moneyline or total at odds that are updated constantly throughout the game. This puts BetWildwood well behind its bigger competitors that offer dozens if not 100+ in-play betting markets.
However, it appears BetWildwood has all the key elements in place to scale up the in-play betting options when it chooses. Namely, BetWildwood suffers no shortage of gameday data. A visit to the in-play betting page for any event shows BetWildwood is full of data.
For instance, an in-play NBA event at BetWildwood provides users with the following:
- Current score, venue, team fouls, timeouts remaining
- Current team stats for this game showing field goal, 3-pointer and free throw percentages, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks
- Each team’s current estimated chance to win this game, past head-to-head stats, biggest win margin (and date) each team has had over the other
- Current league standings
- Integrated play-by-play call stream
- Real-time data visualization showing the court, ball location and key happenings
Sports Covered at BetWildwood Sportsbook
Depending on the time of year, BetWildwood accepts wagers on the sports listed below. Coverage is concentrated primarily on the big US pro and college sports, but international events are offered as well.
BetWildwood’s international soccer coverage is surprisingly in-depth, with 33 leagues covered at last count ranging from MLS in the USA to soccer in Saudi Arabia.
- Aussie Rules Football
- Auto racing
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Table Tennis
BetWildwood offers customer support via live chat and e-mail. Users may also view a fairly comprehensive self-help knowledgebase that provides answers to common questions.
Customers may fund their accounts through four deposit methods, all of which are processed instantly or near-instantly.
Users do not need to be located in Colorado to register and deposit but do have to be located within state lines to place wagers. This means anyone planning to visit Colorado soon may sign up and deposit ahead of time so everything will be ready to go as soon as they enter Colorado.
- ACH E-Check: BetWildwood accepts electronic bank transfers via VIP Preferred, which is an account that facilitates e-Check deposits online plus quick access to cash at more than 500 casinos across the country.
- Play+ Card: Play+ serves as an online account that customers may fund instantly through several methods, including credit and debit. After signing up, new users also receive a Play+ debit card in the mail that can be used for ATM withdrawals and to make in-person purchases where Discover is accepted. Note: This deposit method is only open to residents of Colorado.
- Paysafecard: Paysafecard is the option for bettors with cash to spend. Customers may purchase Paysafecard vouchers with cash at locations such as King Soopers or CVS and then redeem them online at BetWildwood.
- Credit and Debit: BetWildwood accepts Visa and Mastercard. All that’s needed is a billing address, card number and an amount to deposit.
BetWildwood Sportsbook provides users with numerous responsible gambling tools as required by Colorado law.
Customers may log in to BetWildwood.com or the mobile app any time to set limits or initiate timeouts with the following tools:
- Deposit limits: Daily, weekly and monthly limits on the total amount deposited
- Betting limits: Daily, weekly and monthly limits on the total amount wagered
- Time limits: Maximum time in minutes the customer may be logged in during any single session
- Timeout: Customers may take a break from BetWildwood for 24 hours, 3 days, 7 days, 1 month or 6 months. During this time, customers will be able to login but prevented from making deposits or placing wagers.
- Self-Exclusion: Customers may deactivate their accounts entirely for 6 months, 2 years, 3 years, 5 years or permanently. During this period, the account cannot be reactivated except under “exceptional circumstances” and all money in the account will be returned to the customer.
Other Colorado Sportsbook Reviews