BetRivers Sportsbook is operated by Rush Street Interactive, which is the online gaming arm of Rush Street Gaming out of Chicago. This makes BetRivers unique among most of the operators that are setting up shop in Colorado as it is fully owned and operated by a company headquartered in the USA.
The group operates several casinos in the Northeast and an increasingly popular mobile sports betting platform at BetRivers.com, but the name does not yet hold much sway among Colorado bettors. BetRivers will be aiming to change that now that it holds a CO sports betting license and is open for business.
BetRivers comes to Colorado as a known entity having offered online betting in other states since 2019. Rush Street Interactive has operated in a fair manner to date, but our BetRivers review will take a critical eye to its functionality, promotions and overall quality to provide readers with a fair preview of what to expect.
- Visit BetRivers online at: www.betrivers.com
- Mobile apps available for: Android; iOS users can wager online at the mobile-friendly BetRivers website
- Colorado licensing status: Approved
- Can I bet on Colorado games at BetRivers? Yes. BetRivers offers college betting and Colorado law allows wagers on college sports. The one exception is state law prohibits prop bets on college games.
- Who’s allowed to bet online with BetRivers? BetRivers accepts customers who are 21 or older and located within state lines. Customers do not need to be residents, but they do need to be physically present on Colorado soil in order to place wagers. Advanced geolocation technology ensures the physical location of every customer.
- Land-based casino partner: To be announced
BetRivers parent company Rush Street Gaming was established in 1996 as a land-based casino operator and entered the online gaming business in 2018 with the launch of PlaySugarHouse.com in New Jersey. Rush Street decided to rebrand to the BetRivers brand one year later and opened BetRivers.com for customers in Pennsylvania, Indiana and other states.
The BetRivers group holds online gaming licenses in multiple states and has so far operated in a fair and open manner. BetRivers Colorado received its online betting license in 2020 and now offers mobile betting across the state for customers 21 and older.
BetRivers Colorado Bonus Code and Promotions
BetRivers offers a welcome bonus for all new customers along with frequent short-term promos for existing customers and an ongoing VIP program that awards additional bonuses and other perks for active bettors.
New Customers: 100% up to $250 Deposit Bonus
New customers who sign up for an account and make a deposit of at least $10 with the bonus code 250MATCH qualify for a 100% match bonus worth up to $250.
This offer effectively doubles the first new deposit of each new customer with an equal amount in bonus money. For example, a first deposit of $150 results in $150 in bonus funds on top of that for a total bankroll of $300.
The BetRivers bonus is withdrawable after meeting a 1x rollover. This means customers need to place a total sum of wagers equal to the amount of bonus received. For example, a $150 bonus requires $150 in wagers before it may be withdrawn. Only wagers with odds of -200 or greater count towards the rollover (i.e. wagers at -200, -110, +200, etc. all count while a wager at -300 would not).
In addition to the welcome bonus, BetRivers customers may take advantage of the occasional short-term promotion related to the day’s current events.
One recurring theme at BetRivers is a list of daily odds boosts designed to give customers more bang for their buck. Each day, users can log in to their BetRivers accounts to find the day’s enhanced odds offers in which the standard betting odds are improved temporarily, such as from +125 to +200 on a select wagering market.
Aside from that, BetRivers is not particularly strong on promos for existing customers compared to the competition. Even during major events such as the Super Bowl, BetRivers tends to offer fewer specials than other major sportsbooks. However, a strong VIP program helps to offset the lackluster ongoing promos.
BetRivers VIP Program
BetRivers runs a VIP program for all customers called iRush Rewards. Under iRush Rewards, customers earn Loyalty Level Points (LLPs) and Bonus Store Points (BSPs) for every real money wager they place.
LLPs are used to determine each customer’s rank in the 11-step VIP program. As customers earn LLPs, they move up through the various VIP levels to unlock ever more valuable rewards such as bonus store access, birthday gifts, VIP dinners and more.
BSPs are also accumulated by placing bets and are used to purchase rewards from the BetRivers Bonus Store. Inside the Bonus Store, customers can exchange BSPs for instant cash bonuses or spin the wheel for a random bonus.
Sports Covered by BetRivers.com
BetRivers offers betting on professional and college sports in the US as well as most mainstream international sports. Its US coverage is extensive and the international leagues it covers are given similar treatment.
Some other sportsbooks offer more coverage of niche sports (think netball and cyclo-cross), but BetRivers.com covers all the big sports in great detail.
- Ice Hockey
- Motor Racing
- Olympic Games
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
BetRivers Mobile App Review
BetRivers offers a native mobile app for Android users and a mobile-friendly website for everyone else.
The BetRivers team has been saying an iOS app is in development since mid-2019, but a native app for iPhones and iPads is still nowhere to be seen. The problem extends from Apple changing its App Store policy that year in a way that forced nearly every licensed sportsbook in the USA to redevelop its mobile app from scratch.
As BetRivers gets its iOS app situation figured out, iPhone and iPad bettors can point their mobile browsers to BetRivers.com to sign up, login and bet online with no download necessary. Android users have this option as well but can also download a native app from the BetRivers website.
In both cases, the BetRivers mobile experience provides access to the full range of sports betting options. All sports leagues, in-play betting and live streaming are available through the mobile app and website.
In-Play Betting Interface
BetRivers provides an expansive in-play betting menu that covers practically all major and minor sports from around the world. Professional US sports leagues are given nearly 100% coverage while college games and international sports are also frequently available for in-play betting. Even the occasional table tennis match is covered in real time.
Customers can visit the “in-play” tab to view a list of events that are currently running with open markets. Selecting an event takes users to an intuitive interface in which live stats are provided near the top of the page with wagers and live odds provided below.
Odds are updated in real time with no refreshing necessary. Clicking or tapping on the price adds that wager to the betting slip for quick confirmation. If the odds on a wager change after the customer has selected that wager but not yet confirmed the bet, a notification with the price update will appear and ask the customer to confirm the new price.
Some in-play betting events also offer instant betting, which takes the concept to a more intense level with wagers that are even shorter in duration than standard in-play wagers.
Instant bets cover short term outcomes such as the result of the next at-bat in a baseball game or the next point in a tennis match. These wagers are resolved instantly during the game so fans can stay active from start to finish.
Live streaming video is one area in which BetRivers has been particularly proactive. In 2019, BetRivers.com became the first sportsbook to offer live streaming of mainstream sporting after launching live tennis broadcasts, including the French Open. The live video options also include select soccer games from around the world.
Customers can view the current lineup of live video options by selecting the “streaming live” option in the primary navigation menu. Live streams are provided free for all real money customers.
Customer support is open 24/7 and can be reached via live chat or e-mail. A direct phone number would be an improvement, but the support team is responsive via e-mail and live chat.
BetRivers also provides a comprehensive and searchable help knowledgebase that is actually useful for finding the answers to most questions.
BetRivers accepts most mainstream deposit methods. Some other sportsbooks accept a greater range of banking options, but BetRivers covers all the important bases with options for cash, credit and electronic banking.
- Credit and Debit Card: BetRivers accepts credit and debit card deposits. All transfers made via card are processed instantly.
- Play+ Card: The BetRivers Play+ Card is a Discover branded debit card and online wallet that allows customers to sign up and deposit electronically with no wait. Signing up for Play+ and making a deposit will also prompt the delivery of a physical card, which can be used for cash withdrawals at ATMs and to make in-store purchases wherever Discover is accepted.
- Cash with PayNearMe: Bettors with cash to spend can select the PayNearMe option to generate a receipt that can be taken to a nearby 7-Eleven, CVS or Family Dollar to make a nearly instant cash deposit.
- ACH Transfer: This is one of the most convenient options to use as it is instant and requires nothing more than a bank account.
As a licensed operator in Colorado, BetRivers is bound to observe certain responsible gambling measures. This is nothing new for BetRivers as it follows similar guidelines in other states.
BetRivers customers have multiple tools at their hands to manage and monitor their gambling habits. The following limits can be easily set by logging in to the BetRivers website or mobile app, opening the main navigation menu and choosing “responsible gaming.”
Self-limit tools include:
- Deposit limits: Limit total deposits per day, week or month
- Spending limits: Limit total spend (net losses) per day, week or month
- Wagering limits: Limit total amount wagered per day, week or month – includes the ability to limit the amount wagered on a single bet
- Time limits: Limit time spent logged in to BetRivers each day
- Cooldown: Restrict access to BetRivers for a period of three days to one year
- Self-Exclusion: Customers can exclude themselves from all sports betting for a defined period with no option to undo the decision